Voice For PUN2
- Key Components
- Suggested Workflow
The Voice for PUN2 layer logic is inherited from the original Photon Voice 1 or PUNVoice: Voice client state can be automatically synchronized with PUN's client state.
The main use case in mind is that each player has network-instantiated PUN prefab (character or avatar) where audio is 3D positioned. A single audio stream has a pair of components one on each endpoint: the Recorder and the Speaker. When using PUN the pair is linked via Photon View ID.
The PhotonVoiceNetwork extends VoiceConnection and adds PUN related features: The default SpeakerFactory is overridden and you can tweak how much you want the PUN and Voice clients' states to be in sync. Also PUN and Voice can share the same AppSettings from the PhotonServerSettings.
The new factory will try to find the proper Speaker for the audio stream info using the Photon View ID exchanged as custom user data object.
Auto Connect And Join
If PUN joins a room, the Voice client can connect and join a corresponding voice room as well.
Auto Leave And Disconnect
If PUN leaves the room the Voice client can disconnect automatically.
The PhotonVoiceView is the component responsible for setting up the Recorder and Speaker for the network-instantiated PUN prefab.
Scene Setup (PhotonVoiceNetwork)
- Set Voice AppId in the AppSettings from PUN's PhotonServerSettings.
- Add a PhotonVoiceNetwork to the scene and enable "Don't Destroy On Load".
- Add a Recorder to the scene, update its properties and assign it to
Prefab Setup (PhotonVoiceView)
- Add a PhotonVoiceView to a GameObject of a PUN prefab that has a PhotonView attached to it.
- Add a Speaker to the prefab and assign it to the